“Primus Celebrate World Kidney Day”
- Primus Kidney transplant and Dialysis Center is a leading center for innovative treatments.
- Our center is dedicated to highest standards of patient care with human touch, offering pioneering procedures that minimize risk and fasten recovery.
- Primus hospital offers cutting edge care in all areas of Nephrology Dialysis, Renal Transplant and Chronic Kidney Conditions.
- Chronic Kidney Disease Clinic
- Hypertension – Renal Care Clinic
- Renal Transplant clinic – Pre transplant & post transplant
- Diabetic- Renal Care clinic
- Patient Education programs & Preventive Nephrology
Primus use Minimally Invasive Surgical Techniques to correct most urological and nephrological conditions.
Primus Kidney Transplant Cente:
Kidney transplantation or renal transplantation is the transplant of the organ- kidney into a patient with end-stage renal disease. Kidney transplantation is typically classified as deceased-donor (formerly known as cadaveric) or living-donor transplantation depending on the source of the donor organ. Living-donor renal transplants are further characterized as genetically related (living-related) or non-related (living-unrelated) transplants, depending on whether a biological relationship exists between the donor and the recipient. Exchanges and chains are a novel approach to expand the living donor pool.
Primus Dialysis Cente:
The department of Nephrology has state of the art Advanced Kidney Dialysis (AKD) unit established by Primus Super Speciality Hospital. The department is focused to provide high quality medical care with a human touch. The department is one of the first only centers in Nigeria to provide state of the art Renal Replacement Therapy for both infected (HIVAg+ & HCV + patients) and none infected patients.
- We have Separate Dialysis Units for infected and non-infected and patient which is a very rare thing to find in Nigeria.
- Facility for continuous monitoring of sick patients on dialysis through highly sophisticated monitors throughout the dialysis procedure is available.
- Each haemodialysis session is for four hours duration. We make sure that adequate dialysis is given to the patients without compromising on duration of dialysis sessions. As, some of the hospitals are giving, only three hours of dialysis in each session, in which patients have to take more than twice or thrice weekly dialysis in order to get adequate dialysis treatment.
What patients need to know?
Nephrology is a specialty of medicine that concerns itself with the study of Normal Kidney Function, Kidney Problems, the Treatment of Kidney Problems and Renal Replacement Therapy (Dialysis And Kidney Transplantation).
Systemic conditions that affect the kidneys (such as Diabetes, Hypertension and Auto-immune Disease etc) and systemic problems that occur as a result of kidney problems (such as Renal Osteodystrophy And Hypertension) are also studied in nephrology.
Our Urology clinic is a unique resource for those with the diseases of the urinary system, including the kidneys, bladder and prostate gland. As the major tertiary care centre, our goal is to deliver the highest level patient care, consistent with our philosophy of keeping the patient at the highest priority. We are proud to offer some of the region’s finest experts covering every major urology and nephrology specialty.
We provide patient oriented management of cancer and benign urological diseases by integrating and leveraging our combined expertise. The Center works as a cohesive team with interdisciplinary interactions between urologists, nephrologists, and medical, radiation oncologists.
At Primus, a team of experienced and accomplished nephrologists treat various kinds of kidney disorders including acute and chronic kidney diseases, kidney transplantation, hypertension, acid –base electrolyte disorders, nephrolithiasis (kidney stones) and complex procedures such as renal denervation for uncontrolled hypertension.
Original Source: https://goo.gl/jnh9EK