Our Nutritional Sciences expert has special interest and expertise in the area of weight management and management of disease through diet. The department incorporates scientifically-based nutrition and health information with specific counseling techniques proven to be effective in motivating change.
Best Nutrition Hospital in Nigeria | Best Multi Specialty Hospital in Nigeria
Our unique way of nutrition counseling is the reason why so several patients have been successful in achieving their goal.
- Diet management in Diabetes
- Diet management in High Cholesterol cases
- Diet management for Thyroid Disorders
- Diet management in Obesity
- Diet management in Endocrine disorders
- Diet counseling in Pregnancy
- Diet counseling for Growing Children of all ages.
- Diet Counseling for Kidney Transplant cases
- Diet Management in Gastroenterology cases.
- Post Operative Diet Management.
- Counseling for Deficiency Diseases. ( Vit A,B,C,D,E,K)
- Counsel ling for malnutrition cases
What our experience has shown?
Endocrine, diabetes and obesity are lifestyle diseases that typically haunt sedentary workers and are a global scourge today. It is due to the fact that people are leading high stress lifestyles and do not have time to get proper meals during the day and therefore rely on junk food in order to satisfy their hunger cravings.
Junk food is usually high on preservatives and fat and both these substances cause long term damage to the health of a person by depositing fat on the liver that causes sclerosis in a time span of five to ten years. Moreover, fat deposits on the liver also interfere with the proper functioning of the intestine and these fat deposits also cause central obesity that can cause cardiac problems like high blood pressure which interferes with sleep patterns and the net result is malfunction of all bodily processes due to improper sleep.
Sleep disturbance can cause irritable bowel syndrome leading to alternating or recurrent bouts of diarrhoea or constipation.
And seldom has the patient begun on the path of drug dependence for almost every disorder affecting him making his internal immunity low and natural healing processes slow.
Original Source: https://goo.gl/zRM7my
At Primus Super Specialty Hospital Nigeria, we believe that preventive health care begins with the care of healthy.
We have programs in Gynecology and IVF for the prevention and early detection of different kind of disorders. Primus Hospital of IVF and Gynecology provides you superior maternity and reproductive health care benefits and services with the help of well experienced gynecologists and radiologists. At our hospital women check-up designed to diagnose earlier symptoms of gynecological diseases. We have well experienced specialist team in providing a wide range of services for Gynecology.
We provide pre-pregnancy care and post-menopausal care. You will have access to:
- Highly experienced and compassionate team of doctors.
- Extraordinary nursing care
- Well trained team of technicians
The prime objective of our hospital is to promote health of women by offering complete care, support as well as empathy that they require. The branch of IVF and Gynecology addresses the needs of ladies from their adolescent years through pregnancy to menopause and the past, with qualified team of professionals, extraordinarily prepared medical with qualified specialists, specially trained nurses and the latest equipments to deal with gynecology emergencies.
At Primus, we have a multidisciplinary team of experienced clinicians and specialists to ensure that all patients’ needs are addressed, offering our patients and their families with the support they need during their period of illness as well as recovery. Our department strives to provide our patients with the best care by keeping abreast of the fast changing panorama of women’s health. The department of IVF and gynecology at Primus Super Specialty Hospital Nigeria implements the most advanced technologies with new and modern equipment, a leading medical team and unprecedented hospitalization conditions.
Original Source: https://goo.gl/PeIwI9
Physiotherapy aims to help you to optimize your mobility, function and independence. Physiotherapy specializes in human movement; Physiotherapists strive to improve an individual’s quality of life and independence within the community through treatment and community support. Physiotherapists strive to improve an individual’s quality of life and independence within the community through:
- Throughout Nigeria
- Group treatment and health promotion classes e.g. Hydrotherapy, gentle exercise and fit ball classes
- Domiciliary (home based) services when patients are unable to access our centers.
Our physiotherapists work with the multidisciplinary team of healthcare providers to provide holistic care that is aligned with our patients’ goals. We perform thorough assessments and design individualized treatment plans that may incorporate manual therapy, exercises and/or the use of electro-physical modalities to optimize recovery.
- Physiotherapists work in the wards, looking after patients admitted to the hospital, as well as run outpatient clinics.
- To improve the standard of our evidence-based clinical practice and quality of our Physiotherapy services, our Physiotherapists are also involved in doing clinical research and quality-improvement projects.
- Our Physiotherapists are involved in regular in-house training and professional courses to upgrade our skills and knowledge.
Spectrum of physiotherapy services offered@ Primus
The Physiotherapy Department at Primus provides a comprehensive range of rehabilitative services which put us on the forefront of physiotherapy in Nigeria and the immediate region. Our facilities and state-of-the-art rehabilitation equipment ensures that our patients receive the highest level of care available.
- A&E Physiotherapy
- Back and Neck Pain
- Burns Rehabilitation
- Ergonomics and Management of Work-related Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Falls and Mobility
- Foot and Ankle Physiotherapy
- Lymphoedema Management
- Manual Therapy Clinic
- Neurology/ Neurosurgery (Physiotherapy)
- Oncology (Physiotherapy)
- Osteoarthritis and Adult Reconstruction (Physiotherapy)
- Osteoporosis (Physiotherapy)
- Outpatient Chest Therapy
The benefits of physiotherapy
Physiotherapy improves the recovery rate of patients who have undergone surgery. Research is currently being undertaken in Primus Hospital to quantify the scale of this benefit. Physiotherapy facilitates self management by the patient which empowers them in their healing and recovery process. Physiotherapy facilitates peak movement and peak mobility for the patient so that they can live independent lives and are not as dependent on community support and resources.
At Primus, we pride ourselves on being the hospital that you would refer your friends and loved ones to due to the level of care and expertise we offer.
- Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Spondylitis Management Service
- Surgical/ Women’s Health & Paeds
- Upper Limb Physio
- Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapists assess and treat patients (adults and children) being admitted for elective surgery or treatment. The aim is to enable people to achieve as much as possible for themselves and to do the things that are important to them. Occupational therapists work with people who may have physical, mental or social problems, either from birth or as a result of an accident, illness or ageing. They are aware of the impact on people’s lives and their ability to participate in society.
Occupational Therapists discuss any personal important issues with regard to how patients will manage their everyday activities of daily living within their home environment such as, washing, dressing, getting around indoors and outdoors, bathing, preparing and eating meals, or participating in work, school or leisure activities.
Summary of services provided
- Specialised splinting service
- Hand assessment
- Scar & oedema management
- Upper limb retraining
- Rheumatology service including education, joint protection, energy conservation, advice and prescription of adaptive equipment;
- Activities of daily living assessment
- Seating assessment & advice
- Wheelchair assessment and training
- Kitchen assessment
- Functional assessment including legal reports
- Paediatric assessment
- Hoist training
All of the above services are available to any patients attending our isolation ward as a result of infection. We have a separate rehabilitation room for these patients within the hospital isolation ward. These tasks may be difficult due to illness or following surgery.
Our Occupational Therapist assists patients to become as independent as possible to enable them to be safe at home after leaving hospital. We firmly believe that every patient has a right to safe, high quality and affordable health and human services when they need them. We work to deliver efficient and effective health and human services, and aim to put our clients and patients at the centre of every decision.
Original Source: https://goo.gl/5z0LvE
Our Primus General Surgery team performs a full range of emergency and elective inpatient and day care surgery.
The Primus Department of General Surgery has led the field of minimally invasive surgery and all forms of minimal access surgery are performed, including Laparascopic cholecystectomy, hernia repair, colonic resection and anti-reflux surgery. Our Surgeons provide evaluation and treatment for a full range of general surgery conditions.
Primus Unique Approach to General Surgery
We bring a team approach to medicine—one that includes you, our multidisciplinary group of well recognized physicians, and the primary care physicians who know you best.
- We use the most advanced technology, including minimally invasive robotic surgical equipment, which makes astounding medicine possible.
- We dedicate ourselves to our patients providing them with uncompromising service, compassion and care.
- Sometimes your road to recovery means surgery. Sometimes it doesn’t. But always, it’s a decision we make together.
All patients are supported by a team of consultants and clinical nurse specialists who coordinate the entire patient journey from diagnosis to treatment and subsequent follow-up or auxiliary treatment.
List of Services and surgery
- Laparoscopic Appendicectomy
- Laparoscopic Cholesystectomy
- Laparoscopic Hernioplasty – Ventral / Inguinal
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- Excision of Meckle’s Deverticulum
- Cholecystectomy with CBD Explorations
- Closure of Bowel perforations
- Fundoplication for gastro-esophageal reflux disease
- Gastojejunostomy/Feeding Gastrostomy
- Drainage procedures for Pseudo pancreatic Cyst
All Colo-Rectal Surgeries
- Partial/Total colectomy for Ulcerative colitis/All Colon/Rectal CancersRectopexy- For Rectal Prolapse
- Repair of Diaphragm/ Diaphragmatic Hernias
- Rare Hernia Repair
- Modified Radical Mastectomy
- Breast Lumpocteomy
- Stapler Haemorrhadopexy
Original Source: www.primushospitalnigeria.com/general-surgery.html
Primus Eye Center’s provides Eye Screening and eye care services. Providing comprehensive ophthalmology services, Primus Eye Center physicians are premier providers of world-class diagnostic, medical and surgical care of the eyes for adults and children.
• Complete Examination & Screening of the Eyes
• Diagnosis and treatment of Minor Eye Problems
• Cataract surgery
• Complicated Eye surgeries – for complicated intervention/surgery / treatment is required for the patient , he can be referred to Primus India .
Diabetic retinopathy is the most common single cause of blindness among people with diabetes aged between 16 and 64. It is a complication of the eye that can affect anyone who has diabetes, regardless of type or treatment. Regular eye screening is essential to protect your eyesight as early detection is the key to successful treatment. Good glucose, blood pressure and cholesterol control can also reduce your risk of developing sight threatening complications.
At Primus India – the Department of Ophthalmology, patients will find:
Board-certified physicians, with leaders in comprehensive ophthalmology and ophthalmic sub-specialties, including surgical care, advanced treatment options, led by continuous research. Eye Center physicians are specially trained to manage all disorders of the ocular system. We provide state-of-the-art diagnostics and treatments. Our research groups are international leaders in understanding the causes and potential cures for many types of eye diseases.
Primus is a recognized leader in the diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases and disorders, and strives to improve patients’ quality of life through vision preservation and restoration. We personalize and individualize care for each patient, and our care is always patient-focused. Our ophthalmologists and optometrists are partners in your eye health, providing comprehensive, coordinated care for your whole family, at every stage of life. From well-vision exams to the diagnosis and treatment of complex eye diseases, such as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, and diabetes related eye care .
Original Source: www.primushospitalnigeria.com/eye.html
Nephrology, Kidney Transplant, Dialysis Department
• Primus Kidney transplant and Dialysis Center is a leading center for innovative treatments.
• Our center is dedicated to highest standards of patient care with human touch, offering pioneering procedures that minimize risk and hasten recovery.
Primus hospital offers cutting edge care in all areas of Nephrology Dialysis, Renal Transplant and Chronic Kidney Conditions.
• Chronic Kidney Disease Clinic
• Hypertension – Renal Care Clinic
• Renal Transplant clinic – Pre transplant & post transplant
• Diabetic- Renal Care clinic
• Patient Education programs & Preventive Nephrology
Primus use Minimally Invasive Surgical Techniques to correct most urological and nephrological conditions.
- Primus Kidney Transplant Center
Kidney transplantation or renal transplantation is the transplant of the organ- kidney into a patient with end-stage renal disease. Kidney transplantation is typically classified as deceased-donor (formerly known as cadaveric) or living-donor transplantation depending on the source of the donor organ. Living-donor renal transplants are further characterized as genetically related (living-related) or non-related (living-unrelated) transplants, depending on whether a biological relationship exists between the donor and recipient. Exchanges and chains are a novel approach to expand the living donor pool.
- Primus Dialysis Center
The department of Nephrology has state of art Advanced Kidney Dialysis (AKD) unit established by Primus Super Speciality Hospital. The department is focused to provide high quality medical care with a human touch. The department is one of the first only center in Nigeria to provide state of Art Renal Replacement Therapy for both infected (HIVAg+ & HCV + patients ) and non infected patients .
• We have Separate Dialysis Units) for infected and non infected patients which is a very rare thing to find in Nigeria.
• Facility for continuous monitoring of sick patient on dialysis through highly sophisticated monitors throughout the dialysis procedure is available.
• Each haemodialysis session is for four hours duration. We make sure that adequate dialysis is given to the patients without compromising on duration of dialysis sessions. As, some of the hospitals are giving, only three hours of dialysis in each sessions, in which patients have to take more than twice or thrice weekly dialysis in order to get adequate dialysis.
- What patients need to know?
Nephrology is a specialty of medicine that concerns itself with the study of Normal Kidney Function, Kidney Problems, the Treatment Of Kidney Problems and Renal Replacement Therapy (Dialysis And Kidney Transplantation).
Systemic conditions that affect the kidneys (such as Diabetes, Hypertension and Autoimmune Disease etc ) and systemic problems that occur as a result of kidney problems (such as Renal Osteodystrophy And Hypertension) are also studied in nephrology.
- Urology clinic
Our Urology clinic is a unique resource for those with the diseases of the urinary system, including the kidneys, bladder and prostate gland. As the major tertiary care centre, our goal is to deliver the highest level patient care, consistent with our philosophy of keeping the patient at the highest priority. We are proud to offer some of the region’s finest experts covering every major urology and nephrology specialty.
We provide patient oriented management of cancer and benign urological diseases by integrating and leveraging our combined expertise. The Center works as a cohesive team with interdisciplinary interactions between urologists, nephrologists, and medical, radiation oncologists.
At Primus, a team of experienced and accomplished nephrologists treat various kinds of kidney disorders including acute and chronic kidney diseases, kidney transplantation, hypertension, acid –base electrolyte disorders, nephrolithiasis (kidney stones) and complex procedures such as renal denervation for uncontrolled hypertension.
Original Source: www.primushospitalnigeria.com/kidney-transplant-dialysis.html